Terms and Conditions
For the purposes of these terms and conditions the following definitions shall apply:
"The Company" or "We" shall mean Hampshire Homes & Gardens Limited and its appointed agents, to include Independent Licensed Operators
"The Customer" or "You" shall mean the person or organisation who books a job and/or for whom the Company agrees to undertake works and/or supply materials.
The "Operative" shall mean the representative appointed by the Company to undertake the work.
- Payment is due on completion of the work unless otherwise stated. For regular maintenance work, an invoice will be issued at the end of the month. Customers are requested to pay within 14 days of receipt of the invoice.
- Payment made via electronic transfer must include your name and invoice number. If paying by cheque please write address and invoice number on the reverse. This is to ensure the money is credited to the correct account.
- Overdue accounts and late payers shall be liable to late payment charge of £25, with an additional £10 added every week thereafter.
- Where payment is not received after 14 days our solicitors shall be instructed to act upon our behalf to gain payment and the customer will be liable to solicitor fees.
- A variable price quotation (created to a best initial estimate) shall be in writing which remains valid for eight weeks. Where you require a fixed price quote we will be able to provide this and this remains valid for a maximum of four weeks only.
- Where work is undertaken and obstacles are un-earthed that add additional time/labour costs we shall notify the customer as before any further work is proceeded with.
- Our day rate is for 8 hours. Unless a fixed price quotation has been agreed prior to the work taking place. We will apply the day rate or hourly rate, plus materials and expenses to your invoice
- If we are required to remove green waste from the garden, this is subject to the extra charges. You will also be charged any parking fees and congestion charge where applicable.
- Collection of non stock parts and materials is chargeable but: a) Time taken shall be kept to a minimum and reasonable b) You shall be informed wherever possible when the Operative(s) leaves the premises
- Jet washing – Hampshire Homes & Gardens Limited will take utmost care to avoid unnecessary damage caused by high pressure washing, unfortunately the result of which will depend on the original presentation (i.e. cement grout maybe unavoidably removed between patio slabs or paint removed from walls). We will not accept complaints or compensation claims as a result.
- In the event that the Operative is unable to gain access to the premises at which you have booked a job you will be liable to pay a minimum amount equivalent to the one hour call out charge. This shall apply irrespective of the job being booked directly by you or by someone on your behalf e.g. tenant.
- We shall agree with you a date and time for the works to be undertaken and we shall use our best endeavours to ensure the Operative attends at the agreed date and/or time. However we accept no liability in respect of the non attendance or late attendance of the Operative or for the late or non delivery of materials.
- Any date or dates included in our estimate or quote are estimated dates only and we shall not be in breach of this agreement for failing to start or finish work by any date given in our estimate or quote
- When we have completed the work and/or supplied goods and materials we shall invite you to inspect the work and/or the goods and/or materials and shall ask you to sign the invoice indicating receipt of those goods and materials and/or that the work has been done. Your signature on the invoice will constitute acceptance of any work done or goods and/or materials supplied.
- We shall not be liable for and accept no responsibility for unavoidable damage caused or any unforeseeable loss you may suffer as a result of the work carried out, nor shall we be liable for any loss of any nature which is not caused by our negligence or our breach of the terms of the agreement between us.
- Where we are not qualified to carry out certain tasks we will contract in suitably qualified and vetted persons to do so.
- You must let us know of anything which you believe may present a hazard or danger to the Operative carrying out work before such work is started. You must also make sure that we have clear access to the work area and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water if necessary. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access, mains electricity and water, we may charge you a reasonable additional sum in respect of such additional work and/or expense.
- Keys to property are left with operatives strictly at owners responsibility. All keys will be looked after and kept in a safe place at all times and returned. We will not take accountability if you lose your own keys.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall reduce your statutory rights relating to workmanship and to faulty or misdescribed goods or those relating to our ownership of goods and materials supplied by us to you.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.
Hampshire Homes & Gardens Limited company number is 07860489
Hampshire Homes & Gardens Limited has public liability insurance with AXA